Pet passwords

Posted 7 days ago by sarah's crazy life

Post a topic
s
sarah's crazy life

• a personalized password on locked pets so If you get hacked they most likely can’t take those pets (probably should have a way to recover the pass as well)

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
Senn

Senn posted 4 days ago

That's true, as considering the mass majority of players are teens and under, they are definitely more likely to forget and misplace that information leading to only more problems for the Adopt Me team. Best defense is to just be careful, avoid scammers, and don't interact with anyone you don't know irl outside of the game especially those who send links.

0 Votes

S

Steven Zachary posted 7 days ago Admin

Hey Sarah!

Happy to give some feedback myself on this one as we get this one from time to time.

Due to privacy rules within the Roblox platform, we are not allowed to have any personal information that can identify who an account owner is. As a result, if someone were to forget their password, we would have to go through one of two routes:
- Assume that because someone can sign into the account that they are the owner, and as such reset the password, which would defeat the purpose and only add a temporary roadblock.
- Never reset the password, which would lock someone out of their pets permanently until they remember it.

The above is most of the reason why we have not implemented a system like this.

We do heavily appreciate the suggestion/idea, but I hope the above explains a bit about why we haven't. 

2 Votes

Login to post a comment